Saturday, August 27, 2011

Percona Live getting closer and some odd notes

Percona Live MySQL Conference, London, Oct 24th and 25th, 2011Percona Live in London is getting closer, and Oct 24 will soon be with us. Before that I hope to finish my delayed honeymoon in S.t Petersburg, move house and Travel to New York (I am glad I am NOT doing that today, Hurricane Irene doesn't seem like a nice lady).

I have done some more work on my presentation, and I hope this will end up being pretty interesting. At the same time, Recorded Future is in the middle of some major rewamping on the backend, so things are a bit hectic, to say the least.

The other week we had an issue with one of our slaves falling behind and having problems to catch up. I did not have my accelerator working on that machine, so I started it, and immediately the slave was catching up way faster than before, so again I have proven to myself that this puppy really helps. You can read more on the accelerator here: Slavereadahead 1.3 released.

This fall I am testing a bunch of alternative database technologies, some based on MySQL, some complementary to MySQL and some not MySQL-related at all, and I'll be talking a bit on some of them in London.

Special offer: Use the discount code RecFPLUK when registering to get a special discount.

See you in London
/Karlsson

No comments: