Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MySQL User Conference - Libmysqld talk done, HA coming up

My talk on libmysqld was yesterday, but I am not off the hook yet, as I still have a talk on Thursday on High Availability with MySQL, this time together with Robert Krzykawski of bWin, who will provide a real-world view on High Availability with MySQL. This is going to be a fun, as I think Robert has some interesting experiences when it comes to High Availability with MySQL running on a large website.

I went to Anthony Curtis talk on an External Stored Procedure framework for MySQL, which was exciting, so I will test this a bit more and I already have a few ideas on use of this framework, for example I would want to use this to create library of functions and procedures to augment development of Stored Procedures with MySQL, to aid new development as well as to easy migration.

/Karlsson
Who thinks he works for Oracle today, maybe

No comments: