Monday, April 20, 2009

Back again at Big-O

I was awaken at around 5 this morning, here at the MySQL Users Conference, by a fellow coworker home in Sweden, with the news that Oracle had bought MySQL. This was a bit of a surprise, but also a bit of fun, as I used to work for Oracle, way way back in the 1980's. I was a Sales Engineer most of the time there, just as I am with MySQL, except a Sales Engineer at Oracle is a Pre-Sale enginer (or at least that used to be the case).

This is sure going to be a fun and interesting Users Conference, I can tell you that! And I think I have some of my old Oracle business-cards at home, and also some Oracle T-Shirts and stuff, so I can start being an Oracle dude again. Well, well, that was an interesting turn of events, I'll keep you posted!

/Karlsson
Wondering if my ponytail is fashionable at Oracle...

No comments: